Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Where is Korea?

The girls are going to middle school next year and a week or so ago, the middle school principle came to talk to the 6th graders about middle school and what activities were available. The  girls were both excited to hear that there is a student exchange program where we can host an exchange student and they can go be the exchange student in Korea. They were ready to sign up.
 
A few days later I mentioned to Erika that she might not want to go to Korea.
"Why not? Yes, I do!".
"Well, Erika, you don't like soy sauce and Koreans cook with soy sauce.
"What?? No they don't! They're not in Asia."
"Ah, yes they are. What would you do if all the host family cooked special meals for you and it all had soy sauce in it?"
"Well, I have to eat it or I'd be rude." She thought for a minute. "Well, all their food can't have soy sauce in it."
 
We're going to look at some Korean recipies to help with this dilemma.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm......beef bulgogi

    Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Korean food. Bruce says it's his least favorite Asian food. Too much garlic, he says. As if there was such a thing.

      Delete